Home List of titles
Book contents Contact information
Notes for teachers Notes for home schoolers
Order form Testimonials
The "Pret met Afrikaans" series of books was written and illustrated by Neels Swartz
for pupils learning Afrikaans as a second language. The books are an
effective and exciting teaching aid for the teachers and a fun way for
the learners to learn the Afrikaans language. Using "Pret met
Afrikaans" offers an enriched learning experience which stimulates the
child's interest in many topics.
- 1990 – First books written by Neels Swartz and intended for her personal use
- 1993 – 12 books for 3 levels introduced to other schools
- 2002 – 34 books for 6 levels available
- 2006 – 41 books for 6 levels available
The books are widely used by schools all over South Africa.
Many home schoolers are also using the series.
To introduce an exciting way to teach Afrikaans Second Language.
- For the pupils:
- Eliminates long winded reading matter
- Fun activities to reinforce vocabulary and grammar
- For the teachers
- No more laborious photocopying, pasting and carrying of heavy books
- No more worrying about what to teach
- For the schools
- Major cost saving in time and printing
back to the top